Suzuki Motor Co., Ltd. has launched hybrid system model of compact SUV “Escudo” and release it on April 21, 2022.
The hybrid system installed in the “Escudo” to be released this time expands the range of time and speed at which EV driving is possible by changing the voltage of the hybrid system, the capacity of the lithium-ion battery, the maximum output of the motor, and the torque * 1 . It achieves a fuel efficiency of 19.6km / L when driving in WLTC mode. In addition, Suzuki has adopted for the first time a regenerative cooperative brake that can efficiently charge the battery when the brakes are applied, and EV driving * 2 when reversing.
In the powertrain, the K15C dual jet engine, which combines the fuel efficiency and strength brought about by excellent thermal efficiency, and the 6AGS transmission, which realizes efficient power transmission and a direct acceleration feeling, were adopted for the first time in Japan. A high-output motor with improved output and torque * 1 has been adopted. By linking these with the four-wheel control system “ALL GRIP,” which is a feature of the Escudo, both high running performance and low fuel consumption are achieved.
For safety equipment, we have added a sign recognition function that can recognize signs such as maximum speed and vehicle entry prohibition.
“Escudo” is “Support Car S Basic +” promoted by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry and the Ministry of Land , Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism * 3 , “Collision Damage Mitigation Brake (AEBS2) certified vehicle” by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism * 4 , “Pedal mistake suddenly” It corresponds to “Starting restraint device (PMPD) certified vehicle” * 4 .
Suzuki has released the Escudo equipped with a hybrid and will continue to promote efforts toward electrification.
Features of Escudo
- EV driving performance has been expanded * 1 by changing the voltage of the hybrid system, the capacity of the lithium-ion battery, the maximum output of the motor, and the torque . As a result, the fuel consumption value of 19.6km / L in WLTC mode driving is realized.
- Suzuki has adopted for the first time a regenerative braking system that controls both the regenerative brake and the foot brake, which generate electricity with a motor during deceleration. Efficient charging is possible when the brakes are applied.
- Suzuki has adopted EV driving * 2 when reversing for the first time. Not only does it contribute to fuel efficiency, but it also makes it possible to park without worrying about the noise around you.
- For the first time in Japan, we have adopted the K15C dual jet engine, which combines fuel efficiency and strength brought about by excellent thermal efficiency, and the 6AGS transmission, which realizes efficient power transmission and a direct acceleration feeling. By linking these with the high-output motor “ALL GRIP”, excellent driving performance is demonstrated.
- Equipped with an eco-mode that increases the frequency of EV driving and a standard mode for powerful and sharp driving. Either mode can be selected depending on the situation.
- Added a sign recognition function [Vehicle entry prohibited, overhang prohibited, maximum speed] that displays the road sign recognized by the dual sensor brake support.
- The headlamps and front fog lamps for high beams have been changed to LEDs.
- In the exterior, the design of the headlamps and aluminum wheels has been changed.
- In the interior, we added a hybrid-related display to the multi-information display and changed the decoration of the shift knob to a satin-plated ornament.
- * 1 Compared to the hybrid system installed in the Swift HYBRID SZ.
- * 2 EV driving may not be possible depending on the engine running before retreating, the degree of depression of the accelerator, the remaining battery level, etc.
- * 3 Among vehicles equipped with certain driving support functions such as advanced safety technology such as collision damage mitigation brakes (safe driving support vehicle, abbreviated as support car), by installing an acceleration suppression device when the pedal is pressed incorrectly. One of the categories of “Support Car S” especially recommended for elderly drivers. The “Support Car S Basic +” is a vehicle equipped with a collision damage mitigation brake (against the vehicle) and an acceleration suppression device when the pedal is pressed incorrectly.
- * 4 As part of accident prevention measures, vehicles certified by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism that collision damage mitigation brakes and sudden start suppression devices with incorrect pedal depression have certain performance.