Newly developed CVT for RWD, latest Smart Assist and evolved spacious luggage space well received
January 20, 2022
Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd. (hereinafter “Daihatsu”) announced today that total orders of its new Hijet Cargo, Atrai and Hijet Truck, which went on sale on December 20, 2021, have far exceeded their monthly sales targets in the first month of their release.
The Atrai, which has appeal as a “third living space” and meets needs such as outdoor and workcation that have emerged in recent years, has had a particularly strong start, with sales of approximately eight times its monthly sales target.
Order details for the new Hijet Cargo, Atrai and Hijet Truck
The fuel efficiency, quiet performance and starting performance from the use of a CVT for front engine/rear-wheel drive vehicles*1, as well as the exceptional safety and security from the latest Smart Assist Active Safety System*2, have been well received for all three models. Furthermore, new equipment has also been well received, such as the smart rearview mirror used by Daihatsu for the first time that was selected as an option by many customers. Main features for each model are as follows.
New Hijet Cargo
- Class-leading*3 loading space, easy-to-use luggage space, ample storage space and comfortable equipment were well received
- CVT accounts for approximately 90%
New Hijet Truck
- In addition to basic functions that have traditionally been well received such as loading capacity, durability and rust resistance from its wide deck, comfortable equipment such as the use of a first-in-class*4 key-free and push button start system were also well received
- CVT accounts for approximately 60%
- The flat, spacious luggage space that has a variety of uses such as outdoor and leisure, driving load reduction functions such as Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and Lane Keeping Control (LKC), powerful driving performance of its turbo charged engine, and interior and exterior design that focus on quality were well received.
- 4WD accounts for approximately 60%
- Newly configured Atrai Deck Van accounts for approximately 10%
*1:CVT for front engine/rear-wheel drive vehicles
*2:Smart Assist is intended to support driving by the driver, and therefore, there are limitations to its functions and it may not operate depending in road surface, weather and other conditions. Please drive safely without over relying on this function. For details, please inquire with a sales company or refer to the user manual.
*3:Largest in its class in terms of luggage space length/width (with four passengers aboard)/height as a mini cab-over van. As of December 2021, according to research conducted by Daihatsu. Other companies have vehicles with the same figures.
*4:A first for cab-over mini trucks. As of December 2021, according to research conducted by Daihatsu. Other companies have vehicles that are using it for the first time at the same time.